Wednesday, January 13, 2010

RIP My Little One! :(





I woke up today and went on my hike to White Rock. On the way there, I called the vet to find out about Mittens. They said she was lathargic and they needed to run more tests. They found that she was still loosing blood and that they would run an ultrasound. They found that she had tumors in her liver, so my husband had to make the decision to put her down. I've been crying ever since! I was on the phone with my husband while he was at the vet's office and he was holding her when they gave her the injection. He said she meowed once prior and looked up at him as if to tell him goodbye. My husband hasn't stopped crying yet! Our oldest of our babies has passed on and she will be sorely missed. That spot on our couch will be empty without her pawing at our arms. The spot on my bed will be cold. RIP my little one. Mittens ... 17 yrs old and gone today at 4:20 pm Eastern time.

My hike today was extreme! We did Moderate Intermediate and it was between 5-7 miles, but intense uphill climbs and sandy dessert. My legs feel like they're going to fall off!

Schedule:

6:00 am Yogalates or Open Gym (I did Open Gym)
7:00 am BREAKFAST (Spanish Sopas and Fruit Dish)
8:00 am Leave for Hikes (We did White Rock)
11:15 am Pool or Core Maintenance or Circuit (I chose Circuit)
12:30 pm LUNCH (Zucchinni Soup and Greek Pizza)
1:45 pm Open Gym (I skipped today due to Mittens)
2:30 pm Kickboxing
3:30 pm Mountain
4:30 pm Pool (I don't do, but did Kickboxing ... I don't swim)
5:30 pm DINNER (Cafe Salad and Chocolate Sorbet)
6:45 pm Yoga (I didn't do ... too upset today)

So, sorry for the short blog tonight, but I'm still not over my traumatic day. I feel so bad for my husband having to take care of this alone. I wanted so much to give my old girl a hug and kiss before having her taken away from me! No kitty can take her place! :(

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. It is so sad to say good-bye to our fur babies. I am very glad that Mittens is no longer in pain though. Bless her little heart...now she is playing with all the catnip in Heaven she can find...waiting for the day she will see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee Dee, I am SO SORRY about your kitty. I have 2 of my own and they are my like my kids, too. Hang in there and know she's in kitty heaven playing with all of her friends and rolling around in all the catnip she can have.

    {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee Dee I have been following your blog. Thank you so much for sharing. But I wanted to post tonight to tell you I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sorry this happened while you were away. Wishing you the best ~ Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee Dee, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my almost 17-year old cat last year and it was devastating. My heart goes out to you. You are so brave to stay at FR. Im sending you lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of you are so sweet and kind! Thank you for the kind words! I only hope my blog is helping all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m in tears over the loss of your fur-baby!

    ReplyDelete